San Francisco: Daughters of Bilitis, San Francisco Chapter, 1974. Magazine. 32p., 5.5x8.5 inches, poetry, astrology, articles, illustrations, calendar of events, services, ads, toned, digest size magazine in stapled pictorial wraps. This copy is foxed, handling-soiled and worn, and its cover is marked 'Wendy's Personal Copy!!' (a member of the collective) in ink; underlining and margin notes in Roberta Dill's essay signed by Roberta Dill at end of the piece.
Copy belonging to one of the Collective, Wendy, with her notes and underlining, also signed by one of the contributors, Roberta Dill at her peice; "Alternatives to Monogamous Couples" Daughters of Bilitis formed by Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon in 1955 and began publishing "The Ladder" that same year. In the early years the organization was supported by and affiliated with the Mattachine Society and One, Inc. In the early 1970s there was a split in the group, with younger, more radical women seeking a new way to bring about change and wishing to distance themselves from the earlier male homophile movement. As "The Ladder" was finishing its run (in 1972) "Sisters" began publishing in San Francisco.
Out of stock