San Francisco: Daughters of Bilitis, San Francisco Chapter, 1974. Magazine. 32p., 5.5x8.5 inches, poetry, astrology, articles, illustrations, calendar of events, services, ads, mild wear, digest size magazine in stapled pictorial wraps.
Daughters of Bilitis formed by Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon in 1955 and began publishing "The Ladder" that same year. In the early years the organization was supported by and affiliated with the Mattachine Society and One, Inc. In the early 1970s there was a split in the group, with younger, more radical women seeking a new way to bring about change and wishing to distance themselves from the earlier male homophile movement. As "The Ladder" was finishing its run (in 1972) "Sisters" began publishing in San Francisco.